Friday, June 22, 2012

Weekly weigh in...

I was afraid to weigh in yesterday after the weekend of indulgences!!  Friday I was able to help my friend Mindi out with her 5 week old twin girls, Norah and Molly.  I don't know how she does it... it is a bit crazy over there with the twins and her 3 year old, Ruby.  She is an amazing mom and it was fun to get to hang out with them for the afternoon.  Before going over there I stopped at Cafe Rio and got us some lunch.  I decided to go for a chicken tostada thinking it is smaller than the salad, and doesn't have the 500 calorie tortilla.  The girls were a bit fussy so I didn't get a chance to eat it all.. now I know how Mindi feels! :)  We left there about 6:30 and had to rush home and get Alijah ready for some cover-shot pictures her dance studio was doing.  She ended up going with one of her friends for a sleepover from the photo shoot, so I just headed home.
Lincoln and Nate had been hanging out having some beers, so I decided to join them.  After having 4 beers, and not knowing what the calories were I started freaking out. Beers are not the best way to spend on calories.. but boy do they add up fast!  We ran down to the creek and I had a veggie burger.. but instead of my usual veggie burger I had them had jalepeno bottle caps ( I shouldn't be allowed to order food after I've been drinking!)  I just had to have a stein of bud light there... and that is how it all started!!
Saturday I went to Costco with the Mom and was feeling a bit crappy.  I had a mocha freeze while we were there and we split a churro...  we had been talking about the beer consumption and i figured out the calories and about had a heart attack!  What a waste!!!  I won't be doing that again.
I had some meat loaf  and a baked potato with my parents for lunch... lounged around there for a bit and headed home.  Later that night we went and looked at cars, while Alijah slept in the car.  We went to Wingers for dinner, where I ordered a side of mashed potatoes and had one of Lincoln's chicken fingers.
Sunday was Father's Day, so we went to dinner at La Luna.  I had a smothered burrito and half an order of rice.  I wasn't kidding when I said this weekend was a gorge fest!!
After all of this eating I still managed to lose 1.8lbs... with a grand total of 10.2lbs! woot woot...
Here's to a week of cleaner eating!! 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Cuz! And I had no idea you were blogging again!!!! I am excited to keep up with your life on the net. Keep up the MyFitnessPal . . . its working for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    It's a day by day battle, and you have to pick them. Just being aware of what is a better choice, and making them more often adds up more than anything. I am so proud of your progress, and if you EVER want support, in any way, whether a walking/running buddy, advice, I would love to help you with your journey. I always felt it was hard to talk to people about it, who have never been overweight. It takes time, alot of time, and that sucks. BUT the rewards of learning along the way, and being healthier 6 months from now, rather than more unhealthy 6 months from now are priceless. Keep going, I am rooting for you!! Whoot, whoot...

    ReplyDelete