Thursday, May 24, 2012

becoming a better person...

When I first saw this ecard, I had posted it to facebook, finding it to be very true (truer if you replaced the better with thinner).  After struggling my whole life with weight issues, I figured now is as good of time as any to put this thing to rest... or at least start the long battle to be more healthy.  A few weeks ago, we had a family get together at my parents house. My Cousin John was looking very svelte, and I had commented on how good he was looking.  He told us he had been working out and using the app my fitness pal.  John showed us how it worked and I was very intrigued, I went home and installed it on my iTouch where it sat untouched for weeks.

That next week at work my coworker had said she got an email for federal employees to join weight watchers.  I told her if she wanted to join I'd do it with her.  Last Tuesday was our first meeting, I wasn't really nervous to go since this is my 3rd round joining WW.  When I got there I was surprised to see my last leader, Sandy.  She is a great leader, and it made me more excited about being there.  They had recently changed the plan again, so it made me pay more attention.

I am now one week into this (well, one week and 2 days) and I am down 3.2lbs.  It's nothing monumental.. but I hear slow and steady wins the race!!  So this past week I have been very diligent about tracking all the food that enters my mouth.  It is very eye opening to see just how overboard I was going.  I decided to finally get back onto the fitness pal app and boy was I impressed once I finally started messing around with it.  I started to enter all the foods I had eaten the last few days and was so excited by how easy it was to find food items already entered into their system.  I had bought some rotisserie chicken lunch meat at Costco, but didn't have the nutritional info on it at home and found it easy peasy just buy searching "rotisserie chicken Costco".  I think it makes it fun to look up the foods and have them automatically enter them.  So I've been telling everyone about this cool app, and a few of my friends are already using it!!

So here is to staying on track... being accountable... and shedding some LB's!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment